Ordsall Chord consultationNovember 7, 2012
You may have heard that Network Rail are going to build a new link from Salford Central station directly to Deansgate, crossing a new viaduct over Castlefield. This will form part of the “Northern Hub” improvements to Manchester’s rail network and will allow more trains to run into the congested city centre area.
Among the benefits will be direct trains from Victoria to Piccadilly and the Airport, running via Salford Central, Deansgate and Oxford Road. It will also mean fast Transpennine trains running from Victoria to Leeds and beyond.
Network Rail are holding a series of public consultations in November for anyone interested in learning more about the scheme or meeting the project team:
- Tuesday 20 November, 4pm – 8pm, Museum of Science & Industry
- Wednesday 21 November,12pm-8pm, Museum of Science & Industry
- Friday 23 November, 12pm – 8pm, Creative Media Centre, Salford
- Saturday 24 November, 1pm – 5pm, Museum of Science & Industry
- Monday 26 November, 4pm – 8pm, Salford Central Station
- Tuesday 27 November, 10am – 5pm, Manchester Town Hall
- Wednesday 28 November, 4pm – 8pm, Manchester Piccadilly Station