Meet FOWS at Salford’s Big Green FestivalJune 9, 2010
FOWS will be exhibiting at Salford’s Big Green Festival – a special event to raise awareness of climate change and spread ideas about how to reduce our carbon footprints.
It’s going to be a fun day that will hopefully boost awareness of important green issues.
The festival takes place from 12pm to 4.30pm on Saturday 26 June in a marquee outside the Civic Centre in Swinton and the attractions include:
- Eco chat with Fred Talbot
- How to grow your own produce
- Cooking demos, making the most out of “cupboard foods”
- Green stalls, offering a wealth of advice on sustainable living
- Solar-powered cinema
- Rickshaw rides
- Music from “Strawberry Urban Lunch”
- Green craft workshops
- BMX, skating and skateboard performances, coaching and obstacle course
- Kite-stunt display team and the chance to get involved!
- The Bike Doctor and recycling facility for unwanted bikes
- Meet Jelly from CBeebies (between 12.00pm and 2.00pm)
- Jeepers creepers, educational tent of critters
- Sunflower and Lily, the stilt-walking flowers
- Face painting