Mixed results for Northern Rail in national surveyFebruary 14, 2010
The latest national survey by Passenger Focus contains mixed news for Northern Rail.
Since last year the main movements in Northern Rail’s results have been:
- Provision of information about train times/platforms – improved 5%
- Facilities for car parking – improved 5%
- Upkeep and repair of the train – improved 3%
- The provision of information during the journey – improved 5%
- The toilet facilities – improved 6%
- The cleanliness of the outside (of trains) – improved 4%
And on the down side …
- The attitudes and helpfulness of the staff – down by 3%
- The value for money for the price of your ticket – down by 3%
- Sufficient room for all passengers to sit/stand – down by 2%
Overall passenger satisfaction for Northern Rail is 82% compared to an average of 87% for regional operators and 83% across all train companies.